I usually blog when the kids are napping .Today as I was getting my pictures together I thought ” Debbie ! You plan your busiest days when Dallas is not here. Are you CRAZY! Randy and I are used to working alone but I need to remember to save the high energy days for when there are three of us around.
The new music we are using this week has ” Five Little Monkey’s Jumping on the Bed” . The kids love that song. I have the props for the story so today we sang the song and practiced number recognition . Each of the monkeys has a number on his shirt and when one jumped off I would ask each child to get a specific number and hand it to me. Most of the kids were right on target.
We played ” feed the monkeys.” The cards have numbers on them and the kids feed the monkey the correct number of bananas. Again, Alina amazed me with her touch point math ! Every time I see her do this , I dance with the idea of teaching all the kids. Hmm….
There were other new toys out today like a monkey game where you balance the monkeys on the tree. The tree top is held by a magnet .
Then there is the old ” Barrel of Monkeys” game that has been around forever.
We also cooked monkey bread today. And wowzers was it yummy. The kids helped cut up the dough and the shook it in a container to cover it with brown sugar, cinnamon and cinnamon and then they put their pieces in the bundt pan. We all tasted it after it came out of the oven and they all loved it. This would be a great cooking experience for home on a cold morning.
Here’s the recipe if you are interested.
4 cans refrigerated biscuits
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 sticks butter (3/4 cup)
1/2 cup white sugar
2 Tablespoons cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9-10 inch tube pan.
2. Mix white sugar and cinnamon in a medium sized plastic bag. Cut the biscuits into halves or quarters and place six to eight biscuit pieces in the sugar cinnamon mix. Shake well.
3. Arrange pieces in the bottom of the greased pan. Continue layering until all the biscuit pieces are coated and in the pan.
4. In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the brown sugar over medium heat. Boil for 1 minute. Pour over the layered biscuits.
5. Bake for 35 minutes. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a plate. Pull apart