makes 2 dozen
- 1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin
- 1 box spice cake mix
How to Make
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Mix your pumpkin and cake mix together in a medium bowl until there are no more lumps.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, until edges start to golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 5 minutes on your baking sheet. Transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
- Frost if desired.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days
Aiden’s mom , Kathryn , came to play today. Thanks so much !
I have heard people say ” should we be teaching them to write their name at home?” You dont see worksheets coming home with traceable letters on them so how does it all happen ? How do we go from not writing to being able to write our names and other words ?
Look at all that writing practice going on. All initiated by the children in their real life play experiences.
Ms Dallas also took the kids on a nature walk looking for signs of fall. They looked for yellow leaves, rough bark, smooth rocks and many other things. So many things can be experienced on a nature walk and so much rich vocabulary can be used to explain what we see. This is the second ” short” walk with small groups we have taken. We havent taken a walking field trip yet but will soon. On these small walks Ms Dallas is explaining how we have to walk together as a close group to be safe and how walking with a partner is good. Other things we do on walks are freeze when we see or hear a car coming…we dont continue walking . We also look both ways before crossing a street and listen for cars we may not see. Soon we will walk to the park as a large group ( just for fun !) and this practice will come in handy.