Open Close them Open Close them
Today we did a little activity with scissor cutting just so I could see where everyone was. So proud to say that almost all of my second year students were able to cut on the lines ( straight , zig zag and curvy ) without problem and PERFECTLY ! We dont really TEACH scissor cutting. We just provide lots of opportunity to strengthen those fine motor skills and hand to eye contact so that it becomes easy for them. Scissors are out all the time. Yes, real ones. They are small but they are not safety scissors. Have you ever tried cutting with safety scissors ? Its almost as frustrating as getting those little zip ties off the toys at Christmas. What can you do to help your child become a cutting expert ? Thanks for asking . According to teachpreschool.org :
Let preschoolers cut scraps of paper
Set out some old newspapers or left over scraps of paper and just let students cut. Preschoolers need time to build their fine motor skills and this is a terrific way to encourage cutting practice.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, cubed
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 pack tube biscuits
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, add in butter and brown sugar. Let the butter melt over medium heat and whisk together with the brown sugar. Keep whisking the brown sugar and butter until the brown sugar doesn’t look grainy anymore. It took my mixture about 6-7 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a 9-inch bundt pan.
- In a shallow bowl, add the granulated sugar and cinnamon. Stir until the cinnamon and sugar are combined.
- Unwrap the tubes of biscuits. Slice each biscuit into fourths. Roll the pieces of biscuits into the cinnamon sugar until they are completely covered. Place into the bundt pan on top of the brown sugar mixture. Continue to roll all the pieces into the cinnamon sugar and layer them in the bundt pan.
- Once all the biscuits are in the bundt pan, place in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Once the monkey bread is baked let it cool for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the outside of the pan and the center.
- Place the serving plate inverted on the bundt pan. Flip the pan upside down so the cake is sitting on the plate. Slowly pull the pan off the cake. The brown sugar mixture will drop down the sides and coat the cake.
- The monkey bread is absolutely delicious while it’s still warm and the brown sugar mixture is gooey.